In conjunction with a ‘City Speaks’ forum on flooding and sewer backups that Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams is hosting with the New York City Department of Environmental Protection on March 11th, his office is fielding a survey for Brooklyn residents who’ve experience such events. You can email completed surveys to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to (718) 802-3881.
Address of flooding or sewer back up:
1. How often does a sewer backup and/or flooding into your property and/or on your block occur?
2. Do you know what the major causes are for the clogged sewers/catch basins in your area?
3. Did your property or block experience sewer flooding after Hurricane Irene, “Superstorm Sandy” or during heavy rain storms?
4. Have you filed sewer backup and/or flooding complaints with DEP?
5. If so, how long does it take DEP to address it?
6. How much has it cost you to repair damage caused by flooding or sewer overflows?