Posted by & filed under Outreach.

Next Scheduled Meeting of this Committee:­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­

Date: March 26, 2015

Location: TBD

Agenda: Discuss outreach materials and letter to DEP and DEC, discuss organizational/strategic planning topics


Summary from March 6th, 2015 Conference Call:

Agenda of March 6th Meeting:

8:30 – 8:40 AM: Welcome and Introductions

  • Provide opportunity to hear from new members

8:40 – 9:00 AM: Discuss Planning for Spring Superfund Meeting sponsored by Congresswoman Velazquez

  • Discuss CAG role
  • Discuss Next Steps
  • Discuss communication with the full CAG

9:00 – 9:20 AM: Discuss Engagement of Public Housing Residents

  • Discuss any new ideas for engaging public housing residents
  • Discuss potential proposals for full CAG to consider at the upcoming meeting (e.g., a separate committee?)

9:20 – 9:30 AM: Recommendation from the Technical Committee

  • Discuss any next steps related to communicating the recommendation from the Technical Committee that was approved at the last CAG meeting.

9:30 – 9:50 AM: Updates and Announcements

  • Discuss any follow-up from discussions at the February CAG meetings.
  • Announcements on other related items.
  • Website issues/ideas.
  • Preparation for and location of the next full CAG meeting.

9:50 – 10:00 AM: Setting Up Regular Meetings

  • Discuss possible schedule for future meetings – alternate locations and time?
  • Brief discussion of anticipated support.

NOTE: The committee did not meet in person and instead had a shorter conference call focused on specific outreach opportunities in March and April.

Call Participants, March 6, 2015

Sabine Aranowski*
Stefan Doering*
Katia Kelly*
Ariel Krasnow*
John McGettrick*
Maria Pagano*
Natalie Loney (EPA)
Terri Thomson (Nat’l Grid)

Possible Superfund Outreach Meetings in Red Hook

There is a meeting in Red Hook on March 31 to discuss flood maps and flood insurance. The agenda for that meeting is probably pretty full. Sabine will follow up with Dan Wiley to see if there might be some opportunity for the CAG to have a few minutes at that meeting. Depending on the time available, the CAG could just pass out information and say a few words OR Natalie may have time to do her short Superfund presentation. Natalie indicated that she may be available for this. John McGettrick agreed to present and/or pass out information at the March 31st meeting.

There are a couple of other meetings planned for the Red Hook area in April – one with Build it Back and one for New York Rising workforce training project. Sabine will also follow up with Dan Wiley to see if there are opportunities for the CAG to have a few minutes or pass out materials at those meetings.

The group agreed that if they could build some interest through the March and April meetings, it might make sense to have the May CAG meeting in Red Hook and add a Superfund Orientation session immediately before the meeting. The date for the May meeting will likely be May 19th, but that will be confirmed.

The group agreed that they should reach out to members of the CAG who live in Red Hook to let them know about the planned outreach activities.

John McGettrick will contact Lillie Marshall, Kim Tampakas (sp?), and George Fiala

Sabine will contact Reg Flowers

Maria will contact Victoria Hagman

Ariel will contact Phaedra Thomas

Ariel will work with Sabine to assess and refine outreach materials and develop a package that can be distributed at these outreach meetings. Once finalized, these materials will be posted online and Sabine will make some copies available. These will be ready by March 13th.


Membership List on Website

Katia will contact the Admin Committee to see if we can get the most current membership list posted to the CAG website.


Calendar of CAG Meetings

Pat will work with Doug to present a schedule of meetings for 2015 at the next full CAG meeting for approval.


Douglass/Thomas Green Park Remediation and Retention Tank Siting

The group agreed to develop letters to DEC and DEP requesting that they inform the CAG when they release their proposed plans so that they can come before the CAG to discuss the plans. Maria will develop a draft and send to Sabine for refinement/review. These drafts will then be shared with the full CAG before the March full CAG meeting.

Comments are closed.